Sunday, December 14, 2014

Dana - Our New Beltie!

Our most recent news post reported the death of Bessie--of one our Belted Galloways. Since that time, we have loaned Star and Toby to the main south pasture to keep Beulah company. (See previous post) All of our Greenwood neighbors know and love the "Ramsay Cows" or the "Oreo Cows" as the children call them, and many have asked about the missing cow the last two weeks.
Now, we're pleased to announce the arrival of Dana--
a registered BG from Gladstone, Virginia who joined us right after lunch today.

Our first glimpse of Dana!


The day Bessie died, I (Stephen) was in Crozet having coffee with a friend who we hadn't seen in several years. She was not up to date on my position here at Ramsay. At one point, I had to take a call on my cell. After a brief conversation, I hung up and said, "Sorry, I'm going to have to go. One of our cows just died!" She laughed and said, "Wow, your life really has changed, hasn't it!?" Little does she know...

That's Dana on the left

No comments:

Post a Comment